On 20 May 2022, Director Anees Bazmee came up with the 2nd installment of Priyadarshan’s ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’. And till now Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 is not going to leave the trending hot seat because of its box office collection.
So, without any delay let me disclose about the collection of the film in its first 2 weeks and its comparison with BB1.
BHOOL BHULAIYAA 2 Box office collection
1st-week collection: 92.05 Cr.
2nd-week collection: 49.70 Cr.
And with this, Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 became the 3rd highest-grossing movie of 2022 till now.
While the 1st part ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’ was the 6th highest-grossing movie of 2007.
Bhool Bhulaiya 1 Box office collection
Its opening day earning was 3.88 crore.
The weekly collection of Bhool Bhualiya :-
1st-week collection: 23.50 Cr.
2nd-week collection: 14.06 Cr. (approx.)
As per the box office collection the difference between the success of both the films is clearly visible. However, by this it can’t be proved that the new release is better than the old one, because there are so many other aspects to consider.
Bhool Bhulaiyaa 1 V/S Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2
Similarities between Bhool bhuliya 1 & 2
- The spirit, Manjulika.
Yes, the character exists in the new release too but with a twist. Although the name of the spirit is same (due to its massive popularity), the story behind this is totally different in the second part.
- Based on a royal family of Rajasthan.
- All the strange circumstances take place in an ancestral palace.
- The super energetic title track of Bhool Bhulaiyaa and the other fascinating song ‘Mere Dholna’ is recreated in the sequel.
- Directors of the sequel choose Rajpal Yadav to re-caste in the film. In both films, Rajpal Yadav played the character of ‘Chhote Pandit’.
Differences in the film
- The first part was the remake of a Malayalam film, ‘Manichitrathazhu‘ (1993). But the sequel is not. (However the concept is stolen from other movies).
- The stories of both films is totally different from each other.
- Most importantly the part 1 was psychological thriller but this one is purely horror.
- The sequel has a dual role concept in the movie which is well-played by Tabu. Whereas in the first movie Vidhya’s character was the one who was posses by the ghost (or we can say that she thinks that she is monjulika because of her mental health.
- And lastly the way BB1 created suspense for the audiences that who is monjulika. And is really monjulika exist or its just an rumour. This suspense is missing in the sequel.
Undoubtedly, the first installment of the ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’ series is still considered one of the best horror-comedy movies in Bollywood. But what about the sequel!?
Yes, the audience is loving the second part too and it is clear from their great positive response. But why? Let’s uncover this as well.
Why audiences is loving Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2?
After watching the trailer, for a while your mind will surely travel to ‘the horrific ancestral palace’ and Manjulika will grab your attention.
- And How can I skip the title track in this counting! The title track of ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’ was awesome but this time, the recreated version is also melodious.
And what about the crazy hook-up steps of Kartik Aaryan in this title track? It doesn’t matter whether someone is a fan of Kartik Aaryan or not, but he drive everyone crazy with his dance step.
And besides this, all the artists present a quality performance in the movie mainly Tabu for her dual role.
Till now, the movie is performing very well at the Box Office and to the audience’s expectations. But this movie also has some lacks in it for sure. Let’s take a glance at them.
Why some people hate’BHOOL BHULAIYAA 2′ even after sound box office collection
- The most notable gap the film has, is the bizarre plot twists in the movie which I already discussed above.
- Many viewers give negative responses to the character of Kiara Advani as her character was not so firm and she has nothing much to do with it.
- As we have already watched Kartik Aaryan’s good comic timing beforehand, so we know his decent comic capacity (which most the actors don’t have these days). But in this film, the script is not in his favor. And due to this, he couldn’t give his 100% in this movie.
- Moreover, at some of the points you will find some similarities between Kartik Aaryan’s character Rohaan (In Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2) and Akshay Kumar’s character Aditya (In Bhool Bhulaiyaa).
I hope this article helped you and now you can review and analyze ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2’.
Do share your thoughts on the both the movies. if you have already watched both parts.